December 9, 2008
Not Alone - Sisterhood of Survivors
The following excerpt is the blog description of another survivor's blog (linked at title). The more I research this disease the more astounded I am by how ALL of the stories are interchangeable. Laura
He will ALWAYS have someone else lined up before he bails out or you are ready to kick him out.
He shows no remorse for his cruelty and will blame you for everything. He has no capacity for introspection and no desire for counselling or finding a way to work things out.
When things are not going HIS way, he secretly finds another woman and once he is sure that he has them in his hooked claws, you become WORTHLESS, however long you have been together and whatever love, support and loyalty you have shown him counts for nothing.
You usually have no warning - he can seem affectionate and doting right up until he rips your life apart.
His bizarre behaviour spins your reality so much, you end up baffled and confused and start to question your own sanity.
If you try to analyse the situation, he will try everything possible to convince you that you are indeed CRAZY and will convince his new, lovesick supply source (and her family and friends) that you are a knife-wielding maniac in dire need of psychiatric treatment. (Sandra Betts - Knitting the Guillotine)
He will ALWAYS have someone else lined up before he bails out or you are ready to kick him out.
He shows no remorse for his cruelty and will blame you for everything. He has no capacity for introspection and no desire for counselling or finding a way to work things out.
When things are not going HIS way, he secretly finds another woman and once he is sure that he has them in his hooked claws, you become WORTHLESS, however long you have been together and whatever love, support and loyalty you have shown him counts for nothing.
You usually have no warning - he can seem affectionate and doting right up until he rips your life apart.
His bizarre behaviour spins your reality so much, you end up baffled and confused and start to question your own sanity.
If you try to analyse the situation, he will try everything possible to convince you that you are indeed CRAZY and will convince his new, lovesick supply source (and her family and friends) that you are a knife-wielding maniac in dire need of psychiatric treatment. (Sandra Betts - Knitting the Guillotine)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Laura
ReplyDeleteThe words in thepost above are my own so please could you add citation. I have added your blog to my link list at http://knittingattheguillotine.blogspot.com/
Many Thanks!
S
Absolutely! Your blog rocks. Thanks for the solidarity. Laura
ReplyDeleteI'm only beginning my own healing journey myself. It's like a thousand mile trip on foot, and the first 100 miles are quicksand (then the next 100 are maybe mud, followed by gravel... finally ending with pavement).
ReplyDeleteIf I could point one thing out: it's true that narcissists are mostly men and that, consequently, most victims are women. Nevertheless, though, there are exceptions. I'm a male who was victimized by a female narcissist. A bit more recognition of this would mean a lot to those of us in this minority.
I am a male who was also victimized by a narcissists/Borderline and until I was split bad, I never understood it and thought is was me.
ReplyDeleteFrom teen like to adult from rage to the most loving person on earth, changing boundaries from day to day and always making me look bad to the kids for 6 years or more before I was split bad after she had an affair. Then came a massive distortion campaign, false restraining order and community isolation. But because I found information on this disorder, I protected myself with 100 hours of recordings, so she is about to own her behavior.