December 19, 2009
“Why is this so hard for us mentally?” - Another great article by Liam Leedom MD on lovefraud.com
Excerpt: ..."At the beginning of a relationship, sociopaths determine what a victim’s most sacred dreams are. They then proceed to convince the victim that they are the answer to those dreams. Victims often feel that the sociopath is their dream come true, not realizing that they told the sociopath their dreams and the sociopath then used the information to deceive. No one wants to give up his/her most sacred dream. Sociopaths know this and count on it. This fact makes victims enter a state of denial in order to preserve the illusion that these dreams have come true. When that state of denial is finally broken, depression sets in. The depression is about a feeling of hopelessness that the things wanted most in life will never be achieved."
Love and hugs, Laura
Love and hugs, Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

And that my friend is exactly where I am at. Sucks.
ReplyDeleteGod that is sooooooo true. If there was only some way to stop them...but getting away from them and finally reclaiming ones life and sacred dreams is far greater an achievement than sharing them with an NPD. That is how I feel now....and you too Laura...right?
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely amazingly true. I find some psychiatrists and psychologists still clueless and oblivious of this inhuman crime taking place all around us. Internet and cell phones are major tools for the sociopaths. Every woman and her kin need to be watchful !
ReplyDeleteYes, Heather. Exactly, but in my case it was like seeing in technicolor for the first time and then being forced to live the rest of your life in black and white. Much like Dorothy. The Wizard of Oz has many parallels.
ReplyDeleteHappy Holidays! My name is Lisa Hope and I am the assistant editor of Disorder.org. I am contacting you today in hopes of developing a strategic partnership with your website; we have seen your site and think your content is great. Disorder.org is an online gateway for people to find information regarding disorder diagnosis, symptoms, and treatment -- and is continually adding content. If you're interested in a partnership, please contact me at lisa.disorder.org@gmail.com.
ReplyDeleteI just found your site tonight, so yes this is Thanksgiving Day for sure. Wow, I'm trying to read as much as I can these days. I was blown away by the words perfect fit, as I have been told that twice in my last two N-ships. Yes, how shameful that I have been through two (back to back). I clearly need to do self work. You story about Emily really was touching. I am an animal lover. How could that guy left you both in the cold? These are the things I try to wrap my brain around with my Ns, but you know there's no sense in non-sense. I just recently got devalued then discarded, but as of today after 3 weeks, he called. This is the first go around ever, so I have not been able to get no contact (N C) in place yet. Small talk was exchanged before the cell signal was lost. You know what, whenever signal was been spotty then lost in the past, he never calls back for a day or two. What person does that! So many crazy things to list. Thanks for your blog. You give me hope!!! He tore me up over the last 3 weeks when he gave me NC, or closure, not even an argument - just vanished. Now I think he wants to come back to have sex. Ha-ha-ha, he must have me confused with someone else to give him that supply.
ReplyDelete