April 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

It is 10:15 pm and I just realized today is my ex's 46th birthday. It was only after being reminded that it was another friend's (who shares the same birthday) birthday that I remembered. Although I am feeling much better about life in general, this is the first tangible sign I've had that makes me believe he won't always haunt me. So why do I feel a twinge of guilt and sadness about it. Hmmm...

love and hugs,
Laura

1 comment:

  1. You feel a twinge of guilt and sadness because you have a heart and soul that feels. It's perfectly normal, and not at all broken. Mean's despite everything he put you through, you didn't die, and you are in fact healing.

    It's an amazing and powerful moment to finally reach the point when hope is edging out fear. When healing is working to ease damage. When the end is really a new and better begining. When the best revenge is a life well lived!

    I know really well how it feels. No reason to feel guilty even though we do. Sadness, oh dear, yes. Such hopes dashed against the rocks of cruelty, promise run aground an isle of pain, a future unwritten. Sadness, yeah.

    Keep on keepin on girl, you're doing good.

    Hugs,

    Sam

    ReplyDelete