Last night my ex's son and his mom went to see Monsters vs. Aliens. This film is not only entertaining, but offers deep lessons on NPD and Sociopathy. I highly recommend seeing it. Without going into detail about the movie (I don't want to spoil it!) the following is a conversation my ex's son and his mom had at the end of the movie.Mom lightheartedly comments, "Wow, I sure have known some Dereks in my life!"
Ex's son rolls his eyes and replies, "Yep, Daddy..."
This remarkable boy, with the help of his amazing mother gets it already! When Mom asked him to explain why he said that, he replied, "Oh Mom, it's a long story. I don't have the words for it now. I'll have to explain it to you when I'm older."
I can't tell you the joy I felt hearing this story. He's going to be okay! :D
hugs and love,
Laura

You know, the movie had so many truths including the one that related to me most... the girl who by no fault of her own changed and became enormous (forgot her name). I remember her telling Derek, "But I'm still the same person!" Later, she accepted who she was and in fact refused to go back to what she thought she had. She realized she didn't need Derek, her "freaky" friends were there for her, and she had the inner strength all along to make it on her own. Great movie, IMHO.
ReplyDeleteI must go see this now. (-:
ReplyDeleteI'm checking the movie times for this right now! And we need to catch up again soon, Laura. I'll email you. :-)
ReplyDelete