Emily and I are healing. Though neither of us will ever be the same again, we're both finding ways to live and love life again.
I'm encouraged with the positive results I'm experiencing with EMDR therapy. I'm finding that the intrusive thoughts are less frequent and when they do come up I'm much more aware of what they are and where they are coming from, enabling me to dissipate them more quickly.
I'm also embracing the experience of becoming whole again. It's kind of like a rebirth
Rebuilding a life after a pathological relationship is the hardest thing I've ever done. I know I've got a long way to go, but I'm on my way... :D
Love and hugs,
Laura

Yes, you are healing, and on your way. I think that's awesome! Rebuilding, yes, I know exactly how that feels and what it means. I Like to think I'm doing so myself.
ReplyDeleteI try not to think of how far I have to go, but how far I've come. Especially given I never thought I'd make it to where I am now.
You are awesome Laura!
This is the best post I have ever read on your blog Laura. You are amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteLaura,
ReplyDeleteFinding this side of sunrise is not easy!
You sound really appreciative of even the
smallest of things. Nice Post.
(P)aula
Hi Laura,
ReplyDeleteI just discovered your blog and it is helping me with what I am going through. I don't even recall how I arrived at this place in my life. It all seems a mystery. One moment I was reaching for happiness and the best love I had ever experienced and the next I was devastated, didn't know who I was, unstable and unsure of the future; if there is a future out there somewhere. It feels like I have been hit by a truck. Who calculates events to make them as painful as they can be for another person? Who does that????? After reading your blogs...your experiences are so similar to my own that it leaves me wondering if our It's are one in the same. Mine targets vulnerable women at the end of devastating marriages or relationships...he is that soft shoulder on which to cry, until he has you, then he pulls out his own emotional torture tools (always the threat of finding another woman if I did not comply with his wishes....chatting online...little clues as to who he had met...but no hard facts...everything to keep me unstable. Since this is all fresh to me. I am at the point of just getting through each day. Thank you for this blog. It encourages me to know that there is a path back to health. One of my concerns is that my "He" is out there hunting again, and I feel an overwhelming need to warn other women about him. I stayed with him almost 3 years and during that time him and I became "friends." He has revealed many of his tactics to me. I know what he does to women and I know that he knows he does it. He once told me that he trains women and children the same way he trains dogs. I, being in love, rolled my eyes and called him a nut, but in retrospect, I wish I had given his words their due weight, but really, who in their right mind could believe those words..take them for anything other than a joke? Now I know. Thank you for your blogs. They are a light in the dark.
Hi Katie... It is remarkable how much alike pathologicals are. I've been in contact with dozens of fellow travelers and I'm never less astonished how similar our stories and experiences are. We would all do well to remember that fact all the times we are tempted to think that the one he's with now will somehow see a "different" him... that she will somehow be the one who makes him okay.... that he loves her more and it was simply that I wasn't good enough. When I look at It's new targets I am often tempted to feel somehow inferior to them and to think that they will be able to be loved by him in a way I wasn't. But the fact is they won't. They will be torn apart by him just as I was if they stay with him for any length of time. I totally understand your wanting to warn them, but remember that they will be under his spell and you'll just look like a jealous ex. There's nothing you can do... as sad and awful as that truth is.
ReplyDeletelove and hugs... Laura
Just an update on this entry. Be very careful about getting into a relationship too soon after being with an N/S/P. We tend to be attracted to them and they are definitely attracted to us. We also tend to be attracted to emotionally unavailable people, whether they are pathological or not. As it turned out the "supportive man" I was living with has a revolving door for his relationships. While he is not pathological he does have an intimacy disorder/deficit. The resulting aftermath was devastating, especially given how much it took for me to trust him. So please, a word of caution. Allow yourself great time and space to heal and figure out how to spot partners who are unable to love, pathological or not. love and hugs... Laura
ReplyDelete