April 3, 2010

The Trauma Response by Dr. Patti Levin

The following links to a pdf file listing normal responses to abnormal events entitled The Trauma Response"

Those of us with complex PTSD will recognize the symptoms, while the specific event(s) will be much murkier. The suggestions for self care are helpful.

http://www.drpattilevin.com/educational/trauma_response.pdf

Love and hugs, Laura

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your blog. I am recovering from a relationship with a full blown N. He is married and has been for 18 years. His wife knows about his affair with me - but thinks it was the only one - guess she doesn't want to think about the other 350 women and men who have been involved with him. Anyway my question is her relationship with him does not seem to be causing her any damage - she has outside interests and tons of friends and an active social life, how can someone who has been with an N for 18 years not be traumatized by it? I tried to tell her about him and it was lost on her. It makes me wonder am I the crazy one - was it just me - our relationship that lasted about 5 years destroyed me - how can she function and be married to him. Just wondering what you think - Thanks again for all your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best guess is that she is a Narcissist or Psychopath herself. No normal person can weather a pathological without damage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very fortunate that I no longer have the symptoms of PTSD, but for half of last year I had half of the symptoms and I still feel a little confused as to whether I should have been diagnosed with PTSD... but apparently it tends to be more long-term than a year or so, unfortunately.
    PTSD... it was like then I could take no control over my life at all, really. Absolutely terrible.
    I was involved with an ASPD for less than a year and I cannot imagine the trauma of someone who's been married to a sociopath for 10 years or so.

    www.hopeof125years.blogspot.com
    my proposals to use semi-popular music etc. to educate people about antisocial personality disorder

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not for the life of me remember things of past, or understand the hurt inside
    or why I feel so sad.
    I've tried to do the right things, don't
    hit, don't steal, don't lie...but why is it that
    these three things to you do not apply?
    To speak the truth and not be heard for me
    is not a lie. I know that happened as a child
    and all I'd do is cry. I learned to turn to
    silence, the truth would stay with me...and me
    is who I trusted, who else could ever be...
    P

    ReplyDelete